Pages

About Me

My Photo
Husband. Father. Photographer. Fly Fisher. Rock Climber. Hiker. Outdoors Advocate.
Powered by Blogger.

Long Time

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Well, it's been about three weeks since my last post, so I figured it was about time to put something up. Nothin particularly exciting has happened in the meantime, except that I went down to Salt Lake City two weeks ago looking for apartments in the area, and while I was down there, I went to Liberty Park (here's a link to some photos I found on the web). It's a fairly large park, close to downtown. I'd been there once a few months before and knew I would need to photograph it. I don't know the history of the park...yet, but just from being there, I could see that whoever designed it was influenced by Frederick Law Olmsted in one way or another. There were certain elements that Olmsted used in his parks that were apparent in Liberty Park, such as a Ramble in the park, and a Parkway leading to the park from the city. I made several photographs of the park that trip, and I will likely need two or three more trips to completely capture all that needs to be captured there. I still need to develop those negatives, along with several others. That's the one bad thing about being out of school now, is I don't have ready access to a darkroom.
Anyway, here's a new construction photograph:

6 comments:

pinholeman said...

nice to see that you are continuing to work on this series. you and jon have fun in pullman. (i think the palouse is an excellent area to photograph in).

Darren Clark said...

update this dang blog

pinholeman said...

i logged in to say the same thing! get up to speed!

pinholeman said...

dude, you haven't posted in 2 months. i'm taking you off my link page. hope you aren't dead.

Jon said...

Not that it matters but . . .
Ok, so you can finally add me to the list. Sounds like it is just in time to have me taken off the list on such a dead beat blog. Hope I can do better to appease such sharp critics like darren and mark.

http://www.jonlong.com/blog/

Andy said...

I don't mind being razed for not posting. I just hardly have the energy to think about it when I get home from work, and I don't have much in the way of new work to post on here just yet.

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading