Pages

About Me

My Photo
Husband. Father. Photographer. Fly Fisher. Rock Climber. Hiker. Outdoors Advocate.
Powered by Blogger.

Grad School

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

While this post won't really cover anything really new or exciting with my ongoing or potential projects, I have some good news.
Yesterday I called Craig Law from Utah State and asked about taking graduate classes as a non-matriculated grad student, as he said I could a few months ago. So I called him asking if the offer was still on the table, and he said it was, and come January, I'll most likely be down in Logan goin to school again! I guess Craig had a hard time convincing Sarah (who is now no longer teaching there) and the graduate student acceptance committee that I should be accepted. The reason why, and I quote directly from Craig, is "your slides were bad." Talk about a crushing and humbling comment, and one that will make you seriously consider how thorough you are about what you do. And make you kick yourself for trying to fudge something that perhaps you know shouldn't be included.

4 comments:

pinholeman said...

i wouldn't have let you in either if you'd have sent me shitty slides. everything counts!

Andy said...

I agree. I don't know what made me think they'd be ok. Lesson learned though.

pinholeman said...

well, i wish you the best of luck at usu. i hope you have a great experience.

pinholeman said...

you're overdue for a new posting, my man

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading