Pages

About Me

My Photo
Husband. Father. Photographer. Fly Fisher. Rock Climber. Hiker. Outdoors Advocate.
Powered by Blogger.

Photograms and Painting

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Last week I began experimenting with incorporating/mixing painting into the photograms that I have been doing. So far I don't really have much to show other than a canvas painted with just one color. The plan was (and maybe still is) to take the photogram, and make a painting of it, but I'm not sure how enthused about it I am now. Maybe I just need to stick with it and complete the painting before I make a final decision. After all, I have put only one hour of work into the painting so far.
I also have been making a few more color photographs than I usually do. I've really been trying to push myself and try to get some more diversity into my photography. I love black and white, but I want and need to become more proficient in working with color.

5 comments:

pinholeman said...

you're right! you need to stick to your ideas long enough to find out if they're worth continuing. check it out for a while and see where it leads you... maybe it will lead you somewhere you never even thought of. School is the best place to experiment!

Jon said...

I just want to see more posts to your blog.

pinholeman said...

i think jon should practice what he preaches and start his own blog, yo

Darren Clark said...

yeah, Jon is very good at telling others what to do. He's got so many ideas and projects for me I'll keep busy for a lifetime.

Jon said...

Hey, I was the first of this group to even know what a blog was. I have a blog. I just have never posted to it.

Geesh Darren. Harsh. Hey, I have gotten better at "offering suggestions." Haven't I?

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading