Pages

About Me

My Photo
Husband. Father. Photographer. Fly Fisher. Rock Climber. Hiker. Outdoors Advocate.
Powered by Blogger.

Park Photographs

Thursday, August 18, 2005

I got Photoshop CS 2 today, and it is one slick program. There have been a few improvements that make working with photographs a lot easier (at least for me). It kind of got me excited about fixing all the scans of all my photograms, so I spent a good amount of time doing that today. I also came across some photographs of some parks up in Seattle.

This one is the Rhododendron Glen at the Arboretum

Me and my brother went out to Discovery Park one day, and as we were getting in the car, I thought I heard some running water. I poked my head through the bushes and found this:


Another one from the Arboretum. I could have spent weeks at this place.
I want to include these photographs in my parks project, but haven't quite figured out a way to make them fit in. Maybe just getting more images from similar places will help. If not, I'll just have to come up with a new project...or make this current parks project have a couple of facets, i.e., the City Park, the Arboretum, the Nature Park, etc... I'll just have to keep thinking about it. And shooting.

6 comments:

Jon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jon said...

I don't think you should worry about whether they fit in or not with your current project.

They are beautiful images. Just keep shooting. The project is young. It may evolve into a completely different project before you know it.

pinholeman said...

some people can shoot a portfolio on a singular theme with no troble. others tend to shoot what interests them and place them into groups at a later date. neither way is right or wrong, grasshopper. like jon said, "just keep shooting."

Andy said...

heh, I tend to shoot both ways. Sometimes I shoot for specific projects, and other times I "stumble" upon new projects, i.e., the fire rings project. It is nice to have an idea of what you're shooting for, though.

pinholeman said...

your shooting for the things you're interested in. once you figure out what topics/subjects those are, you shoot them as you see them... and file them accordingly

Darren Clark said...

Hey, really nice work. Like everybody else says, do more photographing and less thinking about photographing, at least for now. You will be able to edit and contextualize later. Keep it up and do more photogram things.

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading