Pages

About Me

My Photo
Husband. Father. Photographer. Fly Fisher. Rock Climber. Hiker. Outdoors Advocate.
Powered by Blogger.

Fire Pits

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hmm...It's been a week since my last post. I got a new job framing houses, so I'm pretty beat at the end of the day, and I guess posting to this thing got a little ignored.
Anyway, on the the photography stuff: I was going through all of my images that I have scanned a little while ago and found this photograph:
It was taken about a year and a half ago at Beaverdick Park, before I even came up the idea of the Fire Pits project, so I guess this one was really the first image made of a fire pit. At least one that didn't have a fire burning in it at the time the exposure was made. I have a few such images that I made last summer and the summer before when I worked at a scout camp in Island Park, Idaho. I'll do some more searching and try to dig those ones up and get them posted. They are part of another project I'm working on, of the scout camp. That area of Island Park is more home to me and my brothers than our house is, and for the past three years I've been trying to get images made of the camp property. So far I have a measly dozen or so negatives. I know, a VERY poor amount to show for "working" on the project for three years. Every summer I tell myself I'll get a whole slew of images together, but it never happens. I come up with excellent excuses to not go up and make photographs, but truth is I'm lazy. I guess it's time to get my butt in gear and get serious about some of these things.

2 comments:

pinholeman said...

you better get your butt in gear! i've seen more than one person that dropped out of grad school because they couldn't keep pace. i like the image...not the age and remember that it was an "old" image the next time you go to delete a digital file.

Jon said...

I hate digital for that very reason.

I have a harddrive with about 1,000 images stored on it that refuses to cooperate from stuff I shot less then 2 years ago. I have 12 year old negatives in a binder on a bookshelf that I don't really ever have to worry about. Not totally safe but . . . If my house burns down or gets flooded, the computer goes with it.

I believe in film.

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading