Pages

About Me

My Photo
Husband. Father. Photographer. Fly Fisher. Rock Climber. Hiker. Outdoors Advocate.
Powered by Blogger.

New Apartment

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

So I'm in my new apartment. I got moved in a week ago, and I'm "borrowing" someone's wireless. (shh...don't tell). I'll have my own in a week though. I'm liking it so far...except for one thing: the walls are completely bare. All of my frames are still up in Idaho. And the way things are going, I won't be able to go back up to Idaho for 3-4 weeks. I may just go buy one or two frames to get something up. I really want to have my photos all over my walls here. Other than all that, things are still pretty much the same: work in the day, do whatever in the evening. Once I get all my developing trays down here I'm going to get to work with getting negatives developed. I mentioned in my last post that I have a lot of them. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to solve thescanner situation; it's going to be a while before I can afford my own, unless I want to max out a credit card. Maybe after I get my skill saw and nail gun paid off I'll do it...we'll see.

Here are a few more new/old photographs:

I printed this off, but I'm still not sure if I like it. The tree right in front looked better on the ground glass than I thought it would...I'm torn. By the way, that one is in Discovery Park in Seattle.
This next one is really old; I took it on the last trip Darren, Jon, and I took to the City of Rocks. I don't think many people have seen it, but I like it, especially after adjusting the contrast and levels. I almost think I could go a bit further though.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Sounds like you will have a sweet pad there. "Borrowing" wireless eh? sinner Ha ha. What are you working on down there? Framing new homes for the rich & fameous? Or just for schlubbs like us? I am looking at coming down your way at the end of the summer. Know of any good glass companies? I gotta get better money than I am here.

I feel your pain about going in debt for tools. I just broke down and got a new drill (my wife wasn't too happy), my old one just wasn't cutting it anymore, I had rebuilt the thing enough and I saw a deal I couldn't pass up. Some people just can't understand the necissity of quality tools. They are a MUST.

pinholeman said...

i like the way the branch splits the frame in the discovery park image.

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading